Fluke is an industry-leading manufacturer of electronic test and measurement equipment. Its products are used in electrical, industrial, medical, process and calibration applications as well as in network troubleshooting, manufacturing and electronic design. The company has 75 years’ worth of experience, offering over 1,000 product series from 39 operating bases across the globe. Fluke are renowned for providing reliable, rugged and accurate testing materials to keep thousands of businesses up and running.
In this webinar, we’re joined by Fluke’s Technical Sales Manager, John Reynolds, who explains the current and future size of the EV (electric vehicle) and EV charging markets, before talking us through some of Fluke’s innovative designs for testing EV charging stations. Check out the full video below:
What kind of tests might be required?
- Visual inspection
- Continuity of protective conductors and protective bonding
- Insulation resistances
- Loop/line impedance
- RCD trip test
- Function tests which include but are not limited to: Vehicle state (A,B,C,D), error handling, communication (PWM signal), mechanical locking of EV plug at the charging station, rotary field and more.
- PE conductor can be tested for possible presence for dangerous voltage against Earth.
- Perform Cable Simulation with the PP state rotary switch simulating current capabilities of charging cables.
- Perform Vehicle Simulation testing various charging states.
- Simulate PE error (Earth fault).
- Test in accordance with IEC/EN 61851-1 and IEC/HD 60364-7-722.
- Designed to be used with other Fluke testing equipment to provide full access to all testing and fault-finding parameters.
Fluke FEV300 EV Charging Station Adapter Kit
- Multifunction tester that tests to all local regulations.
- Includes “Insulation Pre-test” that detects when appliances are connected to the system and stops the test.
- Runs seven installation tests automatically in one sequence with a single connection through Auto Test.
- Allows you to share test results in real-time over your smartphone via Fluke Connect Measurements.
Fluke 87V Multimeter
The Fluke 87V industrial digital multimeter provides the resolution and accuracy to efficiently troubleshoot motor drives, plant automation, power distribution, and electromechanical equipment.
- Safer and rugged: safety rated CATIII 1000V, CAT IV 600V.
- Accurate: measure current, voltage and frequency on complex variable frequency drive (VFD) signals.
- This electrical multimeter correctly measures pulse-width modulated motor drive signals.
- Save time: The 87V multimeter includes a built-in thermometer and temperature probe.
- True-RMS AC voltage and current for measuring non-linear signals.
Fluke 125B Oscilloscope
- Dual-input digital oscilloscope and multimeter in a ScopeMeter test tool.
- Available with a 40MHz or 20MHz oscilloscope bandwidth.
- Features Connect-and-View trigger simplicity for hands-off operation.
- Includes IntellaSet technology to automatically and intelligently adjust numerical readout based on measured signal.
- Provides a dual-input waveform and meter reading recorder for trending data over extended periods.