Smart technology is becoming more popular by connecting everything and everyone. With smart cities, energy, devices, vehicles, clothing and other smart things we are going through revolution. Therefore, companies are coming up with more technologically advanced solutions, like the newest Smart Bench Essential Test Instrument from Keysight that is One Connected Interface.
Keysight is committed to deliver solutions and insights in electronic design, test, manufacture and optimisation to help customers accelerate the innovations that connect and secure the world of innovations. Some of the technologies that Keysight provides solutions for are IoT, network, automotive, 5G and data centres.
Distrelec invited Anthony S’ng, Education Program Manager at Keysight to talk about smart bench essentials (SBE). Smart Bench Essentials Test Instruments combines the capability of four unique test instruments into a single powerful graphical interface with integrated data management and analysis. Find out more about the One Connected Interface by watching our webinar.
The new Smart Bench Essential Series from Keysight is both affordable and innovative for test workbenches in education laboratories as well as ambitious new product development electronics engineers. It integrates with Keysight PathWave software, allowing you to test, evaluate, and share data collaboratively, whether across the room or throughout the world.
Together with PathWave test software, you can:
- configure, control, and monitor multiple bench instruments from a single screen
- automate workflows from test setup to report production
- access lab equipment remotely with your colleagues to test, analyse, and share
- manage an entire lab through a single screen interface
When testing your devices, you will want a comprehensive set of test tools to accomplish particular functions. Keysight’s series makes your job easier. All four instruments include a 7-inch liquid crystal display with intuitive soft buttons and a uniform graphical user interface. The colour labelling for each channel is consistent throughout the instruments.
Have a look below and choose the best Keysight smart bench essential!
EDU33210 Waveform Function Generator
The Keysight EDU33210 Series function / arbitrary waveform generator is part of the Keysight Smart Bench Essentials (SBE) series of four distinct instruments that connect, operate, and collect measurement data using a single sophisticated graphical interface. With the most reliable, low-distortion function generator in its class, you can generate all of the usual functions and waveforms.
- USB and LAN input/output interfaces for remote connectivity
- 20 MHz sine and square waveforms
- ramp, triangle, noise, variable edge pulse creation, and DC waveform
- Six built-in modulation types and 17 popular waveforms for testing typical applications
- 7-inch colour display for parameter setup, signal viewing, and editing all at the same time – 16-bit arbitrary waveform capabilities with memory up to 8M samples per channel
EDU36311A Bench Top Power Supply
The compact form of the EDU36311A triple-output power supply allows it to fit anywhere on your bench. With its 7-inch colour display, you can monitor all of your outputs at the same time from any position. Each output is self-contained; link them in series for higher voltage, parallel for more current, or stack for 0 to 30 V. A sequencing feature allows you to enable and disable outputs in a predefined manner. You can now turn on the control logic before turning on the rest of your device.
EDU34450A Dual Display Digital Multimeter
The Keysight EDU34450A is a contemporary benchtop digital multimeter (DMM) that has 5.5 digits of precision and a measurement rate of up to 110 readings/s for speed-critical testing. With the following characteristics, you receive the benefits of Keysight measuring performance in an economical and compact package.
- PathWave BenchVue DMM software for remote control and data logging
- 5,000 point logging memory for extended data logging and analysis
- ability to measurement up to 11 different types of input signals
- PathWave BenchVue software or USB flash drive support for copying/loading configuration for multiple test setups
- 7-inch dual-measurement colour display
- standard USB and LAN for versatile PC connectivity
EDUX1052G InfiniiVision Oscilloscope
The oscilloscopes of the InfiniiVision 1000 X-Series are entry-level oscilloscopes with professional-level capabilities and linked software for remote control and data logging. It has 6-in-1 instrument integration and is part of the Keysight Smart Bench Essentials Series, which consists of four distinct instruments with a single powerful graphical interface. You may be confident in your results since the 1000 X-Series oscilloscope employs the same Keysight-custom technology used in other InfiniiVision Series oscilloscopes. Finally, it is an entry-level oscilloscope you can rely on to provide accurate measurements.