Automation is becoming commonplace within workplaces and yet robotics are largely still inaccessible for many. One brand trying to change this, is Automata – a UK based company that designs and manufactures their own 6 axis industrial robots called EVA. They are affordable, flexible and straightforward to use.
We invited Oliver from Automata to introduce EVA and its various uses for the business of all sizes through a live demonstration and a Q&A. Watch this webinar to find out the advantages of robot EVA, its technical specifications and capabilities. Part of the webinar presents a live demonstration on how to use and programme this industrial robot.
Automata and EVA are industry-leading set up times and payback periods. We set out to make automation as affordable and accessible as it ever has been before.Oliver Pilsbury-Gaunt, Automata
EVA is a simple, flexible and cost-effective solution for labs and manufacturers. In comparison to traditional robotics, EVA is often less affordable and much easier to use. The industrial robotic arm will fit in around any workflow without any separated box or substantial cage.
The industrial robot is very easy to programme and agile almost like a human arm. EVA is the ideal answer for automating the repetitive, monotonous, and physically demanding jobs that are still carried out by humans today. It’s suitable for extremely repetitive activities that don’t necessitate the use of expert personnel.
EVA gives people the opportunity to develop in Industry 4.0 that is linked to IIoT and smart manufacturing. It combines physical manufacturing and operations with smart digital technologies, machine learning, and big data to create a more holistic and linked environment for manufacturing and supply chain management firms.
In manufacturing automation, EVA, the industrial arm robot provides machine tending, product testing processes, inspection and lightweight picking and sorting. It can be programmed in just 30 minutes and accessed through a web browser.
Questions and Answers
- Is the Choreograph software hosted within the robot itself? Our Choreograph software is loaded onto Eva’s controller and can be accessed using any web browser.
- Can the robot be mounted horizontally or does it always need to be mounted vertically? Currently you can only mount Eva vertically but different orientations are in our product roadmap for the future.
- Does the robot recognise a collision and stop automatically without incurring damage? Eva is equipped with an EPF (equipment protection feature) that will cause it to stop in the event of a collision. Please note this feature is not safety rated
- What sort of end of arm tooling is available for Eva? You can purchase a range of end of arm tooling from our partners at Distrelec, if you require something that is not listed then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help identify the right end of arm tooling for your specific application
- What communication protocols are available? Eva has a RESTapi and a Python SDK
- Can you help with deploying my project? Yes we can, please contact us on email@example.com to discuss further
- What safety features are available on Eva? Eva is equipped with a category 1 emergency stop
- Do you offer any support post sale? Yes, our customer success team is on hand to make sure you get to success with your application, please contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
EVA – Lightweight 6-Axis Industrial Robot Arm, Automata
VA & SOFT ROBOTICS GRIPPER KIT – EVA Industrial Robot Arm and mGrip P2 Gripper Bundle 1.25kg , Number of Axes 6, Automata
EVA & SCHUNK EGP 50 EVA KIT – EVA Industrial Robot Arm and Schunk EGP 50 Gripper Bundle 1.25kg , Number of Axes 6, Automata
EVA & SCHUNK EGP 40 EVA KIT – EVA Industrial Robot Arm and Schunk EGP 40 Gripper Bundle 1.25kg , Number of Axes 6, Automata